Residential Plumbers - 5+ years experience
Immediate opening for full time experienced residential service and install plumbers - tradesman, journeyman, and master plumbers in the greater Tyler, TX area.
Rub A Dub Plumbing, headquartered in Tyler, Texas and serving Kilgore, Liberty City, Gladewater, Mineola, Canton, Edom, Athens, Gun Barrel City and Mabank is a well-run, growing and stable plumbing company with an opportunity to be part of a supportive team that is dedicated to your success.
Rub A Dub Plumbing offers full benefits, PTO, management growth opportunities, stability and high volume of calls.
TSBPE credential check, criminal background, drug screen required.
Are you punctual and well spoken? Are you attentive to details and customer-focused? Are you looking for a company that:
- You can feel proud to be a part of?
- Offers a culture that promotes trust, teamwork and continuous learning?
- Has best-practice CSR and dispatch systems in place?
- Offers a continuous improvement management philosophy focused on your success?
This position reports to the general manager and owner. Hours and days of work may vary. Some weekends required in a shared rotation schedule.
Communication and Collaboration
- Effectively communicate one-on-one with the home owner and staff in a consultative manner that promotes respect, trust and ensures understanding.
- Be a team player and collaborate with support staff and other Techs to ensure maximum productivity and profitability of self and the total resources.
Technical Delivery of Service
- Ensure each service call is executed with technical perfection – apply knowledge and skills – to technically assess the client need, communicate technical issues effectively to the customer and complete the repair/service in a timely manner.
- Effectively apply a consultative sales approach to assess and communicate effectively with the customer to ensure they receive the very best service and advice.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of paperwork and paperless data capture in a manner that promotes enterprise-wide productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a continuous improvement attitude that supports a desire to grow and expand personal and team success.
- Be open to receiving and following direction – accept supervision and procedures designed to support your success.
- Bring you to the office. Life is too short to be in a job or a company you don’t like. We work hard and play hard. Life is hard. We share our joys and sorrows as a family. We support each other. We work hard for your success. We want you to enjoy working.
- Tradesman, journeyman or master licensed plumber desired. Credentials checked against TSBPE.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience.
- Clean background and drug screen.
- Team culture and stable employment
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, 401K retirement plan.
- Continuous training
- Professional marketing and call center/dispatch to support your success
- Ample call volume provides consistent hours
- Company vehicles may be driven home. (Subject to distance restrictions)
- Company provided uniforms are laundered weekly
- Company cell phone
- 12 Days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year as well as national holidays.
- Excellent ongoing training provided.
- Management training program for qualified employees interested in a management track.
Our plumbers are successful because they:
- Have a positive attitude and treat customers with enthusiasm.
- Expertly service, repair and replace plumbing systems or components of plumbing systems.
- Effectively utilize the Straight Forward Pricing Guide on each call.
- Present options and pricing prior to beginning work on each call.
- Educate the customer as to the best decision they can make for their home and their family.
- Wear floor savers while in the customer’s home and maintain a neat work area while performing work.
- Explain each service performed and ensure that the customer is 100% satisfied with all work.
- Refuse to compromise integrity in selling the customer a repair or replacement that is not necessary.
- Perform a complete inspection of the customer’s plumbing system to prevent future breakdowns.
- Assist fellow employees in their job duties whenever called upon to do so.
- Test each aspect of the job before leaving to prevent unnecessary callbacks and to ensure repairs or installations are correct.
- Perform all repairs and replacements to meet or exceed the minimum local codes and with the appropriate materials.
- Are familiar with the products, materials, and supplies.
- Maintain a safe work environment and convey a safety conscious attitude in regards to self, customers, fellow employees, and the general public.
- Operate company provided equipment according to the safety guidelines approved by the manufacturer.
- Operate company vehicles in accordance with local and state laws and in a manner that ensures safety and the safety of others.
- Do not operate GPS units, read maps, read or respond to text messages, or perform any other task while driving.
- Maintain cleanliness of company truck inside and out.
- Accurately complete all paperwork each day.
- Fill invoices completely including a detailed description of work performed.
- Fill out material request form on each completed job.
- Debrief with dispatch upon completion of each job.
- Contact dispatch for PO number for any material purchased.
- Turn in all parts receipts/packing slips acquired each day.
- Maximize lead opportunities and service appointments in order to attain sales and performance standards.
- Conform to company image standards at all times.
- Speak with dignity and respect for others.
- Develop knowledge and experience with tankless water heater sales, installation, and repair, water softening and filtration, tank type water heaters, fixture replacement and repair, video inspection of drain lines, sewer cleaning, repair, and replacement and leak location and repair.
This is an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability.