The Bridge Group Coordinator internship role at Bridge 2913 serves in a coordinator capacity and is an enthusiastic, pioneering leader to establish and grow small group Bible studies on public school campuses.
Bridge Group interns are excited to take a lead role in bringing the gospel onto middle and high school campuses. Our interns follow and commit to a calling from God to take on this role. They pursue God’s leading and work closely with stakeholders from schools and churches to create, support and expand healthy ministry opportunities on school campuses.
To be successful in this role, incumbents are prayerfully proactive in following the Holy Spirit’s leading and passionate about bringing the gospel to the next generation and are organized self-starters who are skilled communicators and enjoy inspiring others.
The Volunteer Bridge Group Intern reports to the District Coordinator.
- Prospect for Bridge Group Student Leaders.
- Network to identify leaders (Students, Teachers, and local Churches) interested in starting a Bridge Group.
- Build and vet leadership teams for each Bridge Group.
- Coordinate Activities to Launch and Support Bridge Groups.
- Provide spiritual leadership, direction, oversight, training, resources and support to leaders in all aspects of group start-ups and ongoing activities.
- Support, evaluate and grow the effectiveness and leadership of each group.
- Coordinate group involvement in Bridge 2913 events and provide leaders opportunities to grow their influence within the vision of Bridge 2913.
- Help groups continue year-over-year and replicate new groups.
- Help evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Bridge Group processes.
- Attend Regular Intern Meetings.
- Complete One-Year Internship Path to Certification.
- Attend initial summer training sessions.
- Work with District Coordinator to launch 1-3 new Bridge Groups in Fall.
- Launch 1-3 new Bridge Groups in Spring with support and supervision of District Coordinator.
- Availability and willingness to devote 5-10 hours per week to Bridge 2913 ministry activity.
- Ability to establish a spiritual tone for groups with spiritual maturity and Biblical acumen.
- Astute knowledge of orthodox Christian doctrine, principles, and the Christian worldview.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to generate enthusiasm and confidence in others.
- Proactive ability to lead teams and organize people, resources and tasks to accomplish goals.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and balance multiple priorities.
Possible full-time career opportunity upon successful completion of the internship.
- Gain leadership experience to support long-term career goals—including vision casting, training and supporting teams, teaching and spiritual development.
- Help middle and high school students grow in the walk with Christ.
- Learn to build a small group/house church ministry that can be applied in a wide variety of situations (home, work, school, teams, etc) and receive recognition/designation as a “Certified Simple Church Apostle.”