A LEADER IN THE PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL & HVACR INDUSTRY
Lawton Commercial Services (LCS) is a full-service commercial plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration and electrical company servicing most major markets in Texas. Headquartered in McKinney, Texas with three locations along the I-35 corridor, LCS offers our customers an integrated "One Stop Solution" for all their service needs.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for sales and new business development for LCS, ensuring profitable growth of the business through a focus on the customer and the team in the delivery of commercial plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, electrical and related maintenance services. This position is accountable for achieving annual sales and gross margin targets in order to grow the business.
The business development manager is expected to demonstrate leadership and management in a manner that supports the company’s values, policies and ethical principles and maintains professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity and tact to portray the company in a positive manner. This role is expected to be responsible in the future for hiring, developing, retaining and directing high performing team members in a manner that promotes trust, collaboration and consistently achieves business goals.
Key stakeholders include the president of LCS and three operations managers.
Generate and develop new commercial plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration and electrical service accounts in a manner that ensures consistent growth within the sales pipeline and progression of closing new accounts.
Promote and integrate service offerings (trades cross-selling) and new product release launches within existing LCS customer base.
Effectively represent and promote the Lawton brand by attending local networking events, conferences and trade shows and interacting with local organizations that may lead to new business.
Proactively monitor and report sales and financial performance and take corrective action to ensure 10% or greater net profit business goal achievement.
- Professionally represent the company and develop rapport with key contacts in the Restaurant, Tilt Wall Building and Property Management verticals.
- Proactively identify and schedule appointments with prospective customers.
- Present new/current products and services, and other opportunities, based on prospect needs.
- Maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency by using relevant sales/CRM management tools.
- Organize joint sales calls with Operations Managers and vendors.
- Partner with Operations Managers to develop and provide project-based ($10,000 to $200,000) and long-term/annual service contract (average ticket of $450) estimates and quotes to customers in a timely manner.
- Provide complete customer profile information and ensure follow-up after passing leads to Operations Managers.
- Communicate daily with key stakeholders on the status of current projects and potential new customers.
- Develop, schedule and conduct professional sales presentations for customer interactions that will result in sales and profit.
Future: Hire, develop and retain high performing sales team members in a manner that promotes trust, collaboration, employee success and consistently achieves business goals.
- Be aware of all aspects of the P&L/balance sheet.
- Generate and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports that provide transparency in sales pipeline development and performance.
- Maintain CRM lists of accounts of customers including contact names and numbers for future sales.
- Collaborate with and leverage the expertise of Lawton management staff to achieve sales and financial goals. Ensure knowledge on new products, procedures, services and tools by attending internal training meetings, partnering with operations managers and attending conferences.
- Partner with HR staff and utilize best-practice strategies and processes to proactively source and hire the best from the applicant pool.
- Ensure timely training and mentoring is provided to ensure sales rep success.
- Provide development resources to all employees to expand skills, knowledge and elevate performance.
- Uphold policies and procedures to ensure a high-performing, safe and healthy work environment.
- Address poor performance in a timely and effective manner.
- Minimum of 5 years selling and business development within two or more of the plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration and/or electrical commercial services industry.
- Demonstrable record of consistent sales growth.
- Technical knowledge/expertise of commercial plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration or electrical services.
- Experience selling to restaurant groups, tilt wall building companies and property management groups.
- Previous sales management experience.
- Experience leveraging CRM software.
- Familiar with the DFW and Texas market.